Three pucks in a fountain

Feb 21, 2009
Hello,

This is my second topic in this forum after receiving very informative stuff from some of the veterans of this forum. One of the issues that I encounter is pool technicians that don't seem to know some of the subtleties of maintaining fountains where chlorination has to be monitored very carefully if used at all. Last week I got a call from a high end fountain installer asking me to visit one of their clients and asses the situation with a fountain that they installed a couple of months ago. The center piece is hand carved Italian Limestone with a Coquina surround and it is my estimation that the owners must have paid a pretty penny for it. The minute I looked at the basin floor and saw granular material around the base, I knew what I was dealing with. I opened the chlorinator I found the remainings of two 3"pucks and one whole one (thank god that the it was at its lowest setting). Needless to say that the test showed the FC/TC way out of the safe range. The upper bowl was already showing deterioration. Well, I flushed the whole system, refilled the basin and gain a new customer. By the way the adjacent pool was perfectly balanced. :-D

I just hope this helps a few to understand that fountains need just as much care and in some case more than pools. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.