Chlorine Question.

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
Current CYA is 50.

A couple of days ago I put in 1/2 a gallon of bleach at 1:20 PM and my FC had risen from 3 to 4 (+1) by 6:45 to following morning. I know the sun had something to do with that. Last night at 9:00 PM my FC was at 2.5 so I added 1 gallon of 8.25% Sodium Hypochlorite which yields 7.86% Chlorine (not sure which of these two numbers to put into pool math but I used the 7.26). According to Pool Math this should have taken me up to an FC of 6 but this morning it registered at 7.5 (+5) Is this a result of using the wrong factor above, my pool actually being smaller than I figured (it's free form with a tanning ledge so...), the time of day, all of the above, or none of the above?

Please share your thoughts and I thank you in advance for your assistance. Im hoping that I can use PoolMath to get closer on my estimated pool volume.

20150731_070204_zpsvj9tzxre.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.