Replacing Polaris Halcyon Pump Seal, Ceramic/ Spring

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
My PB4-60Q Halcyon Booster Pump for Polaris pool cleaners is extremely loud. From reading some post here I came to the conclusion that replacing the Pump Seal, Ceramic/ Spring and O-Ring Seal Plate would quiet it down. I'm not excited about doing any type of mechanical work or labor but I'm interested in doing this poject. I was hoping our professional/experienced members could give me some pointers on taking the booster pump apart. Is there anything I need to be aware of. Will I need any special tools that would not be in a standard tool box?

You won't need anything special to do the seal, but I'm not sure that's your problem. Sorry if I'm going into stuff you've already covered but usually if you're getting noise from a booster pump you've either got bad bearings or not enough back pressure (the sound the pump makes when the cleaner isn't connected). You might also have something stuck in the impeller housing.

A bad seal will leak and eventually damage your bearings, so it may be the cause of the problem, but it probably isn't the cure.

I am going to replace the spring and ceramic seal. It is supposed to be an easy process with the Polaris Halcyon.

Can anyone walk me through the process - there is nothing in the manual and while I am reasonably handy, I have not done this before.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.