Our green monster! oh no!

Today's pix still running 24 7
cf7e64c302c733f3eea4cc371f885e47.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

At some point it may be ideal to upgrade that filter when time/resources permit. Just some standard PVC plumbing work for the most part. For now you may have to be extra vigilant in cleaning, etc. Swampwoman's latest input was the OLCT and metals testing, so if you've passed the past 3 OCLT successfully, and have no concerns about those tests or how they were performed, then that would leave us to standing-by for any metals testing. When you do make a trip for a test, please make sure you grab a fresh sample of water from the "source", not pool water that was already chlorinated. Nothing says you couldn't grab two sources (pool and well/hose) just to compare, but usually the chlorine interferes with an accurate test.

With pulling the bottle of water for the tests we can see lots and lots of tiny specks still floating in there.. Pool guy this morning said to over floc it and vacuum to waste, really scared to go that route but may be only choice. other than that he said he thought maybe iron due to orangy stuff on steps and to try rubbing with half lemon to see if it would remove it. IDK..didn't have lemons..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, stopping in on my short lunch break to add that you found pennies and rusty bucket so you'll have some copper and iron to treat regardless...but if your fill water is fine, it would be good to know.

I am still wondering though if your filter is actually working correctly and hopeful someone can help troubleshoot that before resorting to floc...

Eg do you know what kind of sand was used when it was changed earlier this year?

Well Leslie's guy was very nice didn't try to over sale anything did mention floc but said not just yet.. Disturbed me that even with high chlorine his recommendation was that out TA is 10. My last test of TA was 100, how can it be that different? I have not tested that or ph since keeping our fc up..but even so my understanding was during slam only worry about fc and cc..metals tests showed 0 on copper and iron? Sooo now what? He suggested to raise TA before we move to something else..yes or no?

Now that you have a print-out to confirm that there are no recognizable metals in the water, it really boils-down to maintaining proper chlorination and filtration. I wouldn't worry about their other testing since you should rely on your own testing for complete accuracy. But now you can see why we say "Never trust pool store testing". :) I guarantee you that if you had more of the same water sample, and went to another store, they would give you another set of results. Amazing huh? Sounds like you have a lot going on over there, but stay consistent with the SLAM page and procedures. They work. Try to keep the filter cleaned-out, scrub, add bleach, etc. It will break through.

Yeah we are thinking we should have drained but been kinda dry here all summer and since we have little knowledge of the well and depth we were afraid of 23000 gallons..really don't think cost of replacing water would have been more money either but knowing nothing about pools wewerealso afraid of draining and messing up liner etc as well..

On the other hand, if he measured TA at 10 and you got 100, can we trust he did the metal test correctly?

Are any of your neighbors on wells and have pools? If on wells, do they know if metals are an issue? Are they filtering for metals, perhaps?

Perhaps a 50% water change? Other than staying the course with filtration, I'm out of ideas. You are passing 2 of 3 on SLAMing and if no metals, then brushing and filtering is the only thing left other than water changing, I think. Anyone else??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.