Anyone installed the latest Omnilogic Firmware?

zamazing

Jul 18, 2015
Bergen County, NJ
It looks like Hayward just released a new version of firmware for the Omnilogic (R 1.4.2) The release notes just mention the ability to save heater settings and some really minor bug fixes. I was hoping for a lot more functionality after waiting 4 months since the last release. Has anyone upgraded to this release? Any feedback?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just installed the new firmware, this was my first time upgrading the firmware, it went off without a hitch, very smooth and easy to do. I don't see a difference at all, but I didn't really dig around to much with heater settings, but everything else is working like it should, so I know it wont affect anything you already have set.

Just I case Hayward is listening, here is some of the upgrades I was hoping for:
- to create an interlock between the built-in Salt Cell and the main filter pump so that the chlorination does not show as always being ENABLED.

- Chlorination to be ON only when the cell is generating not when it's just ENABLED or, even better, have a different indication when its just ENABLED vs when its actually generating chlorine. Having to go into the diagnostic menu to see if the salt cell is generating is pretty lame.

- to be able to control a separate AquaRite SWG panel over RS-485 and have the percentage selection apply to both cells.

- useful logging information so you can tell when and how long your pumps, heaters, lights and SWG's were on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good day, I see you are located in NJ. I would love to put you in contact with the local tech rep for Hayward. Private message your phone number and I will pass it on. I will forward this information to our product manager. Any answers I get I will pass on.

Good day, I see you are located in NJ. I would love to put you in contact with the local tech rep for Hayward. Private message your phone number and I will pass it on. I will forward this information to our product manager. Any answers I get I will pass on.

Hayward-

Have you seen this thread:

OmniLogic one-month review

There are a number of comments / suggestions about Omnilogic there.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.