Keeping low TA?

I just completed treatment for metal staining (fill from well) and have added washing soda to raise the TA and PH. At this point I want to raise only the TA and have added 32 oz of baking soda, waited overnight to test it has had zero effect on the TA. Should I just keep adding baking soda? To get it to the recommended range of 100 I will need a lot! After reading some posts on TA, I normally do not have issues with PH and fluctuations, do I need to raise it?
currently:
FC 7.5
CC zero
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 250
CYA 80

Me personally, when my PH is happy, I am happy and I don't mess too much with TA unless it's really extreme. In your case, I don't believe you need to be thinking about 100 at all. You may, through trial and error, be able to hover around 60-70 (which is what keeps my PH happy), but don't lose too much sleep over it. Every pool is different.

You need to raise something. If you plug your numbers into poolmath, it shows a very negative CSI. You'll start etching plaster soon, if you haven't already.

I understand that with Iron in the water, you want to keep pH down. You can't do much about the water temperature, so that leaves TA and CH to play with. Experiment a little. Change each parameter on poolmath and see what happens to CSI. Then decide if you want to raise CH or TA or both to move it closer to zero. Raising CH won't push pH up, if that's a consideration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.