High efficiency bleach

You want to look at three factors:
What is the % of sodium hypochlorite listed on the bottle? "cleaning" bleach can be 3%, regular bleach 5 or 6%, "concentrated" 8.25, and typically labelled for pool as chlorinating liquid is 10% or 12.5%. Any of the above is fine for a pool, but you should know the concentration so you can properly dose.

You do not want anything labelled as splashless or scented, or with extra whatevers.

Walmart has pretty good turnover, but if it's heavily discounted or the bottles look a bit dusty, try to decipher the date code on the bottle, usually the two digit year and the three digit day of that year. (xx15167x or similar= 167th day of 2015 as the manufacture date). Avoid anything more than a few months old, even newer for 10 or 12%.

EDIT: if they mean high efficiency as "ok for use in HE washing machines," then look closely for anything like anti-foaming or thickening agents. you don't want that either.

When it comes to bleach HE is a marketing ploy, all bleach is HE compatible.

As long as it is scentless and not splashless then it is just fine.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Most Walmarts have a pool section near the outdoor area and sell HTH Liquid Chlorine @10% for two gallons for $6.50 to $7, better value than most laundry bleach

My local ace hardware has the 10% for 2/$7. The austins liquid chlorine at bjs is essentially the same price, but 12.5% concentration.

I saw you said you stopped using it, I was wondering if it was because it sat around in the store and wasn't effective or something. Just wanted to check before I go buy some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.