Newbie that needs help with strainer and auto fill

Mar 15, 2009
Edited for eye breaks. Butterfly :wink:

Hello folks, not sure if I have a serious problem or not, but I need anyones help.

I'm a new pool owner, but I have a "reasonable" mechanical understanding on how the system works. My pool has "auto fill". The auto fill inlet is located where the mesh strainer is... I think With the strainer removed, there is a "tube" that goes into the pool, adjecent to it is the inlet for the auto fill (I am assuming this so clearify me if I'm wrong).

Below both of these is a smallish (about 1/2" ID) tube that... for all I know... and for all I can see goes down... not sure where, but it is pointed South (does it go to the big filter?).

Well, that little "tube" appears to have filled or has gravel in it that somehow got around the strainer. It appears to have blocked the ability of the auto fill... my water level has gone down noticeably.

Am I the first one with this issue? What is the best practice to clean said tube?

It's tight quarters, and I have fat fingers, but I did mamage to get several pieces of rock out... there is still some (rocks- pebbles) down deeper that I have yet to venture. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! :-D

I do not have an auto-fill feature so I'm not much help.

You'll hear from some folks soon this morning who will be able to provide some insight.

They have to have lots of coffee to get started on Monday AM or may just be sleeping in. :-D :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.