Slowly going green, advice wanted please

baja

Jul 30, 2015
wisconsin
Hello, Just a little background. We purchased a 18x52 intex 3 years ago. I realize now that my test kit was not proper at that time, and honestly neither was my pool stores. My pool 3 years ago went this aweful green. I tested and had my pool store test it, and both test showed my numbers were great. They told me that a little green was not going to hurt. Well it was AWEFUL, no one wanted to swim.
Fast forward...after that ordeal we finally put it back up this year. I found a proper test kit TF-100, but I'm starting to go green again, and I'm in panick mode. I would really love some help figuring this out. I also feel incompetent when it comes to the pool calculator...I guess I don't fully understand how to use it:(

Anyway here are my numbers

FC 4.5
CC .5
TA 300 This number blew my mind
PH 7.6
CYA 40

Please let me know if I need to supply any additional information. Thank you for your time!

Hello and welcome! Glad to hear you got the best test kit out there. :goodjob: So let's get started:
- Green means you need to SLAM: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain. You must follow those directions carefully.
- Important for SLAM: Lower PH to 7.2; your CYA is fine; and stock-up on regular liquid bleach.
- You will use the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart and Poolmath calculator during your SLAM, so keep these handy.

At the same time, be familiar with Pool School - Recommended Levels and Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals once you pass your SLAM process.

If you have any more questions, please let us know. Also, take lots of pics before, during, and after the SLAM! You'll be amazed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.