check my numbers

Jun 5, 2015
middletown, nj
Moved in to a new place 2 weeks ago and with all the stuff to do around the house the pool did not get my attention at first, so a little bit of mustard algae popped up. Grew up around pools, so know the basics and when there is trouble brewing. We had a basic test kit and there was very little chlorine in the pool. Reading up here (thanks all!) I ordered the TF-100 immediately. But, before it came I tossed the chlorine pucks out and put some bleach in to hopefully stop the algae (along with a ton of brush downs). Chlorine, running the filter, and brushing took care of the algae and I quickly got to the point where I wasn't losing any chlorine overnight. It has been great for a few days now.

Got the test kit and did a full test last night:
FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 120
CH 100
CYA 55

Based on that I added the pool math number for bleach last night. This morning I tested chlorine again and it was spot-on. Correct me if I am wrong, but the only thing I need to address is the calcium, right?

Love doing things myself, cutting out a pool man makes me happy. Thanks to the contributors here all my questions have been addressed in old threads, a tremendous resource!

got it, thanks all.

That FC reading was at 8 pm after a hot and sunny day. I added chlorine last night and it was up to the 7 level - tested again before 6 am and lost nothing. I will test again this afternoon to see what the numbers are. It was my first time with the TF-100 so I have a feeling there is a learning curve with the CYA test ... as the directions say, "it may take a couple tries to get it."

Much appreciated, I have guests with kids coming over this weekend and one myself (till #2 is here in December) . Time to see some smiling kids in the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.