Kkrn

Jul 29, 2015
ROSEBURG
I bought a used 13x21 Splash Superpool 2 years ago and finally put it up. We are enjoying it this week as we're having a record heat wave in Oregon. Any tips will be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

You might want to take a look at the temporary/seasonal pool guide article in Pool School to get you started.

Does the pool have a pump and filter? Add the details to your signature.

Welcome to TFP!

A question...Where is ROSEBURG?...is it in NJ, Iowa, Arizona, Manitoba...? Your climate is often relevant to the advice you receive. If climate is a factor in addressing a particular issue that a member is experiencing, that advice can differ significantly between a pool in southern California vs. one in Maine. Please do us a favor that will also help us help you...please add the state / province to your location. If you would rather list your location along the lines of "Southern Illinois", that's sufficient enough information to consider your climate in our response.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In the meantime, add about a cup to a cup and a half of 8.25% bleach (check the ingredients on the bottle) every day. Get a floater (should be at Walmart, Home Depot, Target, pool store, etc) and a small bucket of tablets (pucks) so you can start adding some CYA to keep the sun from burning off your chlorine.

Oh, and stir the chlorine around a little after adding.

- - - Updated - - -

When you're in the pool, take a hand-towel and scrub the sides and floor. Get every nook and cranny.

Last edited:
Good deal!!! you're on your way to having a great pool with the right tools: the kit, and the forum!

You will want to hold off on the "shock treatment" for now as it may eat at your vinyl if you just dump it in. What are the ingredients?

Did you already put the floater in?

- - - Updated - - -

No more algae stuff! Nice that you have a brush. The towel idea may come in handy while you're watching the kid(s). Something to do...

I put the floater in last week. Shocked it twice (oops). But I did take the floater out for the shocks. I know I need to check the pH and I have strips from my spa. I kept taking water samples in to the pool place and their tester was down so ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You will love it when your kit arrives! You will be in control of the pool, know it is safe and sanitary, and only adding the chemicals you need.

How does the water look now?

- - - Updated - - -

Cross-post on the clear water. Your kit will arrive Monday?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support