Taylor Salt Test Kit Reagants

Does it look like this?

The Taylor K-2006 has an option for including a salt test. The P/N is officially K-2006-SALT

Where did you order your kit from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not possible. Tftestkits.net does not even sell the K2005. Where did you order from? Enc, please continue this in your own thread where I just posted.

I had not heard of the salt option. They must just use the same instruction manual in all of them.

I had not heard of the salt option. They must just use the same instruction manual in all of them.

Correct. As of 12/14, all K-2006 kits include instructions for the salt test. If you order a K-2006-SALT part number, the kit includes 0.75oz reagent bottles (R-0630 & R-0718) for doing the salt test.

It is a little confusing but not if you order direct from Taylor as it's pretty obvious from their website what you get. I think the confusion comes from ordering on Amazon because the pictures are not always up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi - first time pool owner. saltwater. I ordered my first TF-100 test kit from tftestkits.com. I specifically ordered this:
TFTestkits.net

Is this the wrong kit for a saltwater pool altogether? Or do I need something in addition to it? If someone could please advise and provide a link it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

No, it is not the wrong kit but it does not contain any test for saltwater. That's not all bad......you have three options....

1. Rely on the SWG itself to give you a salt readout. That"sorta" works - cost - free

2. Aqua Chek makes pretty decent test strips to give you a pretty good idea of your salt content. = cost-$11.00 I think

3. Taylor technologies makes a good salt test that is reliable and twice as accurate as the strips and will do more tests - cost-$24.00, I think

If you just ordered it (after 2:00PM). it cannot ship before Monday. email them ([email protected]) and tell them you want to add one of those options and everything will ship together on Monday

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.