Replace an eyelet

Following some advice given to me by Isaac-1 in another thread I am attempting this cheaper version of a SlimeBag SlimeBag for 1/10 of the price, yes you can!!

I am hoping for some advice on the correct procedure. Hoping someone can tell me if I am heading in the right direction.

I need to remove the eyeball to follow the instructions by sixn3is7, but I am unsure how.
  1. Does it just twist off?
  2. If so which way do I turn it? clockwise or anticlockwise (I am guessing anti but want to make sure)
  3. Do I purchase " MIP to slip" from the pool shop or hardware store?
  4. Where do I actually undo it from? In the image below is it where I have put number 1 or 2? My hunch is 2?
  5. Are there any special tools? I have tried by hand and it doesn't budge at all.

My plan was to get the eyeball out take it to the pool/hardware shop to make sure I got the right size "MIP to slip". We think we have found a couple of places to get the suitable bag and will be contacting them once we know we can get they eyeball part out first...

Apologies for my terminology, I don't understand the correct words for the parts but understand what they are.

Thanks in advance :)

P7300129.jpg

It will twist off counterclockwise. The outside nut is the part to twist off and then the eyeball will pop out. If you want to replace the whole part, then the remaining piece should be 1 1/2" male threaded and will probably require a large pliers to unscrew it counterclockwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.