Help me identify this type of rope float anchor point. Please.

May 27, 2013
Philadelphia Suburbs
I never paid much attention to the anchor points since there was no rope float when we bought our house 5 yrs ago. I'm looking to put a rope float up just to let people know where the slope starts to the deep end. I measured the distance (16ft) and ordered a rope float. Went to install it today only to find that it seems to be a non-standard anchor. Instead of just a bar for the rope to hook onto, its more of a half circle 'slot' that narrows as it gets to the top. Kind of like how on a door chain the end slips into the larger end of the slot and slides down to the narrow end to hold it in place.

5a842d68-1f19-45a3-98b4-e1c842a76040_400.jpg

Only difference being that in my pool, the anchor is round and made out of plastic, and the slot curves from bottom to top.

Anyway, I've searched around and couldn't even find an image of these anchors online. I think it is an Anthony Sylvan pool built in 1992 and re-finished about 6-7 yrs ago. I'll try to get a picture of it...

Here's what it looks like....

vlluGT1l.jpg

I want to find the appropriate connector so that I can use a rope float. Looks like it would have some type of ball on the end of it?

Last edited:
Okay lets see if I can help you "see" what I am thinking about........I don't know of this kind of thing but here is my best guess of something you can use.

You know the nylon bags that has the draw string tops? You know how the little ball has a push button to secure/hold the sting in place? I am thinking that would work if you use a nylon rope with some floats on it.

Just make a loop the end around the connector and pull the ball tight.

Good luck and let me know if you think my wild idea will work. LOL

Kim

I know this is old, but thank you for posting! We have the same exact anchor point. I suspect our pool was also built by Anthony Sylvan, but around 2007. We are also in Philly area, so it must be something they used around here a lot.

I have an email into Anthony Sylvan requesting the part, their online store doesn't list it. I was able to find it at some other online stores but they aren't companies I'm familiar with and the items have no pictures, so I would rather buy it direct assuming they still have it.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I really hate when companies make and use "unique" and "proprietary" parts when there is basically already a standard that everyone else uses.

**cough cough ** apple **cough cough **

Oh excuse me.

Nice job finding the right part

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.