Intex and Hayward skimmer

Pne123

Aug 11, 2014
Anderson, ca
There are plenty of these posts but i thought i would share mine since I am bored at work.

I am half done. It is 110+ here so I decided to swim instead of finishing. I made my own adapters w/ a 1 1/2 elec conduit box connector and o-rings. Kept the existing connection ports but will have ball valves to adjust the flows.

I am going to add the other hayward pool return on the other side of the ladder to keep leaves from collection around the ladder.

Next job is to figure out why my SWG is not keeping up my chlorine levels but I get a lot of organic material in the pool and at 100+ in norcal it burns off fast.

I need to jack up the two posts next to the skimmer. My dog dug a hole chasing lizards which made those posts sink.

pool | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Very nice! I especially like the platform around the bottom of the pool. I may steal that idea down the road to give my pool a nice clean finished look. I also really like the DE Filter. It does an amazing job. I'll never own anything else.

As far as not holding FC, can you post test results? We may be able to help you troubleshoot to see if we can figure it out.

Thanks. I finished today but way too hot to take pix. I built the deck and used the std A frame ladder. I wanted a raised platform but the wife did not, at first. I found the ladder on CL for $30. The lady asked if I would haul away the raised platform. The steps, platform and deck are kinda forced together but it works.

Added some final pix. Haven't figured out what to with the fountain. Right now I am changing it up often for the kid with dry fitting left over parts from my sprinkler install. Sometimes it shoots up, down, sprays or mists. I think I will glue a piece so no matter what the water always shoots in to the pool and keep adding different parts to match whatever game the kids playing.

image | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.