Water Polish

nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
I just received our new hot tub and plan on using the diclor- chlorine method that was outlined here. I do have a random question though! I received tons of Spa Water Polish with this hot tub that they say to add 1 bottle monthly (it also says it helps to keep the FC requirement at 1 .... Yeah). Just super curious if anyone knows what this is or what it may be equivalent to. I can already assume I don't want to use it, but I was just curious before I got rid of it! I attached a picture of the ingredients here. Thank you!

5010c19ab47a2fc704b2d505d8cee703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing I forgot to ask! It came with something called Chlor-aid. On the back it says sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate- 99%. Is this dichlor? Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First the simple question -- yes the Chlor-aid is Dichlor so you can use that as Dichlor initially and once a month for a day to maintain the CYA level.

For the harder question, Water Polish sounds like it's trying to be enzymes, but yeast itself contains enzymes that breakdown glucose or other sugars into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Most bather waste from sweat and urine is not sugars but rather urea and then creatinine and ammonia so I'm not sure how these are supposed to be beneficial. Also, enzymes tend to break down from chlorine so I wouldn't expect them to last for a month. Probably best to not use it unless you wanted to experiment perhaps near the end of a water change cycle so if something goes wrong you can get rid of it easily with a drain/refill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.