Water color

yangcha1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
Central Maryland
I am always curious why the water color of the pool in the homepage is that blue. Did you use some chemicals to make it blue? Or because of the pool surface color, or you used some software to post-processed it? I never have that blue color for my pool, at most it is very clear.

White liner = Clear water. Up to around 4+ foot then it will start turning blue. The water in my white pool is BLUE at 1" but that is because of a reaction between the iron and the yellow prussiate of soda that was in the salt I added. It is not normal, but my wife likes it so...

- - - Updated - - -

water is blue due to the absorption of other colors. Not because it reflects the sky. :)

Anyone ever try party blue? I was at my pool builders store using up some credit on toys and we were discussing that we aren't thrilled with our liner color...it's tan and our water is clear up to 5' then turns a teal in 8'. Anyway he showed me a product he was using in their test pool out back...test pools liner is faded light blue so they use some chemical called party blue to turn the water dark blue. He then threw a bag of shock in and brushed it around and the water color turned back light blue like the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.