Ic-40 and intelliflo

Jul 8, 2015
O-H-I-O
Pairing these two together and want to see if there is an easy way to setup a run cycle on the pump and an output percent on the swg to get the desired chlorine to take advantage of the vs pump. Any advice would be helpful

I have both but I have an IntelliTouch/EasyTouch control system. You need the Pentair automation for the IC line of SWGs or else your output power selection is limited to increments of 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all trial and error determined by your priorities. What is it you want most? Me, I'm a tight wad and have close neighbors so I only run my pump in the AM before the second tier PG&E kicks in. I need a couple of high speed hours for the infloor and then a few more making chlorine and skimming. Pump time is 5 hours per day at 70%. That keeps me at 6ppm, which is on the low side but I monitor closely and augment occasionally with bleach.

First thing you need to find out is what the minimum speed you need to run to make chlorine. I'm at 1800 rpm, others on the forum are much less. Play with the buttons and test, test, test. You will find the sweet spot.

My pump runs at 1100 rpm either 24x7 or 12x7 depending on if our trees are busy or really busy putting stuff in the pool. Pump is wired direct to the breaker. IC40 is wired to a time clock. Right now I think my SWG is running 8 hours at 60%. The time clock makes it easy to add or subtract an hour to dial in the FC. Makes the 20% increments a non-issue. If the pump isn't on for some reason the flow sensor will shut off the SWG. We left the SWG on 24x7 the first year and let the flow switch turn it off and on, worked fine that way too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.