Please tell me this is good news...

VinnyC

Jun 15, 2015
Forest Hill
First, let me say THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to my posts. I really like this site and have learned so much thus far.

i just need a confirmation that what I am seeing is actually true. if it is, I don't care how late it is, i'm jumping in the pool!!!

We've been slamming for roughly a week.

FC levels maintained at 12 overnight last night, this afternoon dropped to 9, added some bleach and we're back at 12!
CYA 30

The water is crystal clear. I am currently unable to get the vacuum working with Hubby out because every time I I try to hook it up, I end up having to turn off the pump, refill it with water and plug it back in , but I have been brushing the floor and the sides twice today and once yesterday. Hubby was here, but had to leave on sunday. He has been brushing and vacuuming daily.

the floor still has some stuff at the bottom and I can't tell if it's algae. to me, it's sparse and looks like there is some debris on the floor. I don't feel that it has increased since Sunday.

I ran the numbers through the pool calculator and it does not advise me to add anything to the pool.

can i swim now? can i swim now? can i swim now?

Sure. And while you're in there, create a whirlpool just before you get out by running around the edge. That will get all the debris collected in the center for easier vacuuming when it all settles.

Are you filling the vacuum hose with water before you connect it? Some people try holding it in front of a return. I just set the head on the floor of the pool and slowly feed the hose in straight down so all the air gets forced out. Then I just slip it through the skimmer throat and connect it. The pump may hiccup once, but I never lose prime that way.

lol, and to think when I was a kid I used to 'make whirpools' with my friends for fun.

I put the vacuum attachment at the bottom of the pool and put the other end in front of the return, then I would put that end into the skimmer as soon as i can, but maybe i'm just not quick enough. at the time, I don't think I had enough water in the pool either and have since refilled it, so maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.

Maybe I can treat myself and get IN the pool and vacuum. OH JOY! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.