Calcium on SWG cell in 3 days?!?!?!?

It's possible but it most likely a chemistry issue. As I'm sure you are aware..those strips are no good. I would guess your pH and TA are way too high which is causing the scaling. You really need a reliable test kit to know for sure.

PS - Looks like the FC is too low as well.

I'm having the same problem with calcium buildup on my Intex SWG. we've only had the pool up not quite 2 weeks, got low salt error & low & behold, the plates and copper blocks coated in calcium. Used vinager to clean it yesterday. Checked it today after normal run time and the calcium is already coating everything again. Don't have my numbers handy but I do recall my TA is high. I'm thinking it's our well water that's loaded with calcium. Uggggg.

Whatever you do, do NOT add more salt thinking it is truly a "low salt" issue! :) Been there, done that...

Did the vinegar work well? I used diluted muriatic acid and water after manually brushing off what I could with a toothbrush.

I'm having the same problem with calcium buildup on my Intex SWG. we've only had the pool up not quite 2 weeks, got low salt error & low & behold, the plates and copper blocks coated in calcium. Used vinager to clean it yesterday. Checked it today after normal run time and the calcium is already coating everything again. Don't have my numbers handy but I do recall my TA is high. I'm thinking it's our well water that's loaded with calcium. Uggggg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.