safe chlorine levels for vinyl liner?

xycron

Jul 28, 2015
ca
Hi,
I have a vinyl liner pool. What is the highest chlorine level I can safely have without bleaching the liner at all? If I have a CYA level of 50, is it really fine to have a FC level of 6.0 constantly if I have a vinyl liner? Just want to make sure.

I bought my house from my parents once they moved to a smaller house out of state to retire, and their last liner became pretty bleached compared to when they first got it. I have no idea what levels they kept the water at, but the when the new liner was installed they said it was pretty clearly bleached from too much chlorine at some point.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have one of the recommended test kits?

Take a look at this link
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

- - - Updated - - -

6 is totally safe for your CYA level

I'm using a PoolMaster testkit currently. It seems to be working well. I looked at the chart on this website to get ideal FC levels of 6 for CYA of 50, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't harm the vinyl liner, or if instead maybe I should reduce my CYA and FC together.

I don't think it's high for the level of CYA, I was afraid it might be high because I have a vinyl liner and everywhere I read about "high" levels of chlorine bleaching vinyl liners, and the old liner was very bleached. I just don't know what a "high" level of chlorine is that would bleach the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.