Upgrade Question

Jul 24, 2014
Los Angeles, Ca
Ok. I purchased a home with in ground pool. The plumbing is above ground. I have an estimate for new skimmer, 2 return jets, new pool light and converting to gfci electrical. Can't forget they are taking the pipes under ground (breaking concrete). I was quoted about $4200. I have a two party question. Does the estimate sound fair? Does the pool have to be COMPLETELY drained? Contractor says yes.

Ok. I purchased a home with in ground pool. The plumbing is above ground. I have an estimate for new skimmer, 2 return jets, new pool light and converting to gfci electrical. Can't forget they are taking the pipes under ground (breaking concrete). I was quoted about $4200. I have a two party question. Does the estimate sound fair? Does the pool have to be COMPLETELY drained? Contractor says yes.

I think that price sounds very fair.
Chances are that the over-the-deck plumbing was put in to keep the pool running when the original plumbing failed.
If I were doing it, I would insist on draining the pool too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.