Ladder question...

Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
I am just checking to see if anyone has experienced ladder issues such as them being too short. I am about a foot short inside and out. I have sand bags inside as a base now (pic shows boards) I will be adding a deck soon so not real worried about the outside. I do believe the ladder is extended all the way up..

Is there a rubber base available for support or do I need to buy a taller ladder?

View attachment 40798

Welcome to TFP!! NE Oklahoma is beautiful in all 4 seasons.

Ladder had to been for 48" pool looks like you are at max on height your adjustment. I would not want to place wood 2 by`s in my pool possible liner could be damaged and algae breeder.

I think I will have a similar problem. For now I have the ladder inside and steps out side for my son who is handicapped. I want a deck and then put the steps inside. Now on my outside I am using railroad ties to boost up the steps so I know I need 9" of height if I put the steps in the pool. I was thinking of using the all plastic decking boards and stainless steel screws to fabricate a bottom step. There are plastic decking made of wood fibers and plastic and I think just plastic decking boards.

Good job so far! That liner is a pretty one! THANKS for the pic! More please!

It looks like you are going all the way around! NICE! Ours is 3/4 that way around. Maybe one day we will go all the way around but I don't think so. We have been here 13 yrs ..............LOL

So how did you get someone to GIVE you a pool that big? Did they also give you the equipment?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Excellent start Bryan! I am looking forward to more updates. I enjoy working with wood nothing better than smelling cut lumber.

I built a privacy fence 5' by 45' in 2012 and small deck 6' by 30' in 2013. Are you using all new material for your build? I am not cheap just like re-purposing good used material.

Good story my fence pickets are Norwegian Spruce from Norway via Great Britain and majority of my framing material shipping pallets from a friend who had hauled it home never used it and was going burn it all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 74
Thanks Stump! All the materials are new. I too love wood working. Hey nothing wrong with repurping! I have about 20 pallets waiting to be disassembled so that they can be repurped. Your fence/deck combo is looking great. I'll post an updated pic or two tonight. Rain showers everyday do not help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.