Muriatic Acid - Return Jet and Pool Equipment

NLITP

Gold Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Phoenix
I've read about the recommended approach to adding MA on this forum... pouring it slowing in the deep end over a return jet with the pump running. My question is regarding the direction of the pool jet. My jets are currently pointed down. When I pour MA over it, I can't really see where the acid is picked up by the jet flow - no matter where I pour it around the jet. So, is it best to have it pointed in an upward direction such that is makes a steady flow on the surface of the water?

Secondly, should I remove my vacuum from the pool prior to adding MA? Is it possible it could damage the vacuum, hose, etc. if it where to run right over freshly poured MA at the bottom of the pool?

And finally, many have recommended brushing the walls and pool floor after adding MA... I'm guessing this will not hurt the brush, but not knowing any better, seems like it would eat nylon bristles.

Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.