Best Cleaner for 20' x 50' rectangular pool

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
I've been looking at the Polaris 280 or Legend. I've read the +'s and -'s of each and will probably get whichever one is priced better. But, for my pool size and shape are these going to be ok? Or should I be looking to spend the extra on a robotic?

Hi, Vinnie.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, I think you're gonna have to look at robotics. It's all about horsepower and a pool like yours will require a lot of "oomph" to do a really good job. That's the robotics and not the little ones, either. Probably $1000 to get the cleaning you need.

The exception would be if your pool was screened or some other less than normal situation that would create less dirt in the pool.

Several good brand names to look at but you'll soon find the cost of the robotic is based on it's "cleaning" power......not it's brand. Do not expect a $400 cleaner to clean a really big pool as well as a $1200 cleaner.

A pressure side cleaner might be adequate but a robotic is probably a better choice. If you go pressure be sure to get a booster pump model. Both the Polaris and Legend are good units. However, for a pool your size I would look into the Polaris 480.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.