R-20 Pool lights questions (LED replacements)

brebur

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2015
Austin, TX
Hi all,
Yesterday I cleaned out the two light niches in my pool, and both fixtures contain R-20, 120V, 100-watt bulbs.

I'm interested in the LED colorchanging bulbs, but don't know what the options are, so I have a few questions.
1) The R-20 means it is 20/8" (or 2.5") across the bulb's face, so not a large light. I haven't seen sizes yet, but would this be a "spa" light?
2) I found the J and J lights will synchronize to each other. I know they are on the same GFCI breaker, but each light is on a separate switch near the pool. I don't know if the GFCI will interfere with the lights' communication -- will they work?
3) Are there other lights that have a separate color controller that will also screw in, or would they be full fixture replacements?
4) Any idea how many lumens the existing 100-Watt bulbs may be? 800 or so?

If YOU have colored LED lights, what do you have and how do you control them?

Welcome to TFP!

I am so lost when it comes to lights so I can't really andswer but there are so many people here who may be able to help you. So lets bump your thread and see if we can get you an answer.

:bump:

Thanks, Casey.

I found a few of my answers, enough to decide on lights. Our pool has two spa-sized lights that shine across the pool which is only 15-16' across. This means the smaller LEDs will fit.

I decided on the J&J ColorSplash 3G LEDs. The GFCI breaker should not interfere with them syncing, but we'll see.

The lights should arrive Monday, so next week I'll take before/after pictures with my camera to compare brightnesses. I could not find lumen ratings on any LED replacements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.