Can't get rid of cloudy water

Jul 28, 2015
Canton/OH
Hi -
This is my first post, but I've been trying to follow the system since May. We've had a lot of rain here and I had a lot of pollen in June. About three weeks ago, I tried to vacuum up the pollen (thought it might be dead algea, but have changed my mind) and noticed it was coming right back into the pool (the cartridge filters weren't catching it). This left the water cloudy and I haven't been able to clear it since. The first thing I did to try to clear it was buy flocculant (thinking it was a clarifier). I followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to make the pieces big enough for the filters to catch. I then tried a clarifier which seemed to make it even more cloudy. I replaced the cartridges - didn't make a difference. I've had the filter running nonstop for the last two weeks. There was a slight change about a 5 days ago where it was still cloudy but I could actually see the bottom. There wasn't a lot there, but I vacuumed it anyhow. I've been brushing it every couple days. I bought a filter sock a few days ago, but don't notice any real difference. I've tried keeping the numbers in line (with the exception of running the chlorine high just in case there was any algea). Had a huge downpour Sunday and afterwards ph was over 8. Yesterday I couldn't see the bottom again. I was in a hurry so just dumped a gallon of muriatic acid in yesterday which is why the ph is so low today. Is it safe to swim in? Why so cloudy and how do I get rid of it?
Thanks for any help.

FC 10 CC 0.5
PH 7.0 TA 100
Cal Hard 100
CYA 50 Borates 40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.