Newbie in OK

Jul 28, 2015
B.A, OK
Hey all, just found this forum as I was looking for ways to keep my skimmer basket on my Intex 18' pool from floating up. I was able to upgrade to the 18' from the 15' metal frame thanks to being lazy (not wanting to tackle the green sludge) and being in the right place to get a good deal on the 18'!!

Last year I was the "beneficiary" of a friend wanting to get rid of his above ground as his kids had outgrown being in a pool. The liner and metal sides were not worth salvaging, but the pump and filter were only about 2 years old. So, being willing to take it off his hands, I got a Hayward 1hp pump and 200lb sand filter, with base!!

But, I am still saddled with the problems of the "deluxe" skimmer not staying where I want it!! So, I started researching how to keep everything where I wanted it. And this site kept popping up. Soo, after lurking a bit, and getting some great ideas, I decided "what the heck, what is one more forum to join!!" (I have the feeling I will be on here alot more than most of the others!!)

I have the feeling I will be making a trip to the local hardware store this weekend for pvc (love that stuff!!) to hard plumb my new in the wall skimmer and join it with the pump and filter. As well as making additional trips (it seems like even with a list, I always forget something!!) for the spray bar(s) I am planning on adding to help make the pool a little more enjoyable (mid to upper 90's is not fun!!).

As my handle implies, I think there is nothing more relaxing than kicking back with a good cigar, a cold beer and just float around as the current may take me. Watching the clouds go by and just let my mind go to "neutral". Ahh, if only it didn't feel like bath water, I would be there now!!

So, Thanks in advance for all the tips and tricks I may pirate from you.