Any advice on pool cover in NJ

JimPNJ

Jul 20, 2015
NJ
Just finished new pool (IG vinyl, True L shaped with spillover spa, paver patio and coping)

Finally finished this nightmare project and already need to think about ordering a cover to close it in a few weeks - how depressing!!

Any types/brands to stay away from? Things to ask?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loop Loc. Going on 3 years. I went solid with mesh drains- highly recommend. You'll need a pump like a wayne automatic to keep on a step to keep the water level from getting too high through the winter. Or you can go all solid and keep a pump on top of the cover.

Order now, it takes 4-6 weeks to get one made and you're coming into the busy season. Your local dealer with visit and take a zillion measurements then place the order for you. You can have it installed when you close the pool.

I like the cover so much, I cover the pool when the leaves start dropping, but keep the pump running until water temp is solid below 60, then I "close" the pool. Same in the spring- when water is 60, fire up the pump, get water balanced, and leave cover on until the trees stop dropping pollen.

Ok - PB is recommending Latham Coverstar - pricing is coming in similar to the LoopLoc quotes I have from other companies. Any preference? Any experience with Coverstar? Thinking if I go with PB there are fewer people to chase down with any problems

Thanks in advance

Went with LoopLoc and looks great
58adff9f3dc5dd8579685f5802c67739.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! It is interesting to see how the snow takes the cover down to the water level. Looks like they reinforced the inside corners well which will be needed due to the stress from the snow load.

Your decking also looks beautiful. We went with a Merlin cover and I'm convinced the top tier brands will all perform well. Ours will go on next week for winter number 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.