Shock adding shock to my pool need some advice

That depends on how high your Calcium Hardness level is. If you're already high, making it higher will just lead to scale formation and possibly mess up the plates in the SWG. If the water is cloudy and/or the CC level is above .5 (Another number you didn't share) then the SLAM process is called for. And for that, we recommend bleach. Adding lots of Cal-hypo can lead to cloudiness, which is your original complaint. Why make it worse?

That depends on how high your Calcium Hardness level is. If you're already high, making it higher will just lead to scale formation and possibly mess up the plates in the SWG. If the water is cloudy and/or the CC level is above .5 (Another number you didn't share) then the SLAM process is called for. And for that, we recommend bleach. Adding lots of Cal-hypo can lead to cloudiness, which is your original complaint. Why make it worse?
What is CC Richard320 my chlorine level is 5 or above, my calcium hardness is at 220

Add-on: If CH is only 220, you can safely add that 20 ounces of Cal-hypo. That will get you to shock level, but to really and truly eliminate any algae caused cloudiness, you'll need to maintain that level of FC for at least a day or two, and that will put CH over the top.

That said, if powdered Cal-hypo is what you have on hand, use it. Algae blooms are a lot easier to kill if you catch them early.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.