Dark stains on plaster

Try rubbing a puck on one of them and let us know what happens. If that does not do anything crush up some vitamin C crushed up in a sock and rub that one them.

Let us know what each one does or does not do.

Kim

The vitamin c worked on the steps...easy enough!
Assuming the ones in the deep end are the same, I've read about crushing the tablets and putting them in a stocking. How do I get the stocking to stay on the curved portion of the pool? How long does it typically take the vitamin c to work? As you can see from pics, I'm going to have to buy a lot to treat all the stains in the deep end. Cheapest place suggestions?

If you add a lot of chlorine from hypochlorite, the pH will rise so yes that may have been the culprit. Before adding a lot of hypochlorite, lower the pH first. Also make sure you have enough metal sequestrant in the water. You could consider removing the metals from the water by using Metal Magic to try and capture it in the filter or by using CuLator to capture it in its bags in the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.