How to keep chlorine test crystal scooper dry?

bgray9

Bronze Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Little detail question. We've had a Taylor 2006 test kit for a little while now and like it. But we've noticed that the little scooper for the crystals that you put in to tube for the first step of the free chlorine test gets wet in the container, even though we're careful to keep it dry when we use it. Other stuff that's in the kit gets wet (tubes for testing especially) and those get put back in the Taylor box, so I'm guessing that the presence of that moisture in a closed box is enough for water to be drawn to the little scoop, meaning we have to dry it off somehow each day before using it. So, just wondering how people handle this and any ideas of how to avoid this problem, as my understanding is you really don't want wetness around those crystals. Thanks!

I make sure to rinse off the little scoop before putting it in its storage spot - it always seems to be dry next time I use it. Maybe it's powder residue on the scoop that attracts the moisture you are seeing.

Normally I don't use the kit on a daily basis; however, even during a SLAM, when I was doing the FAS-DPD test multiple times daily, the scoop was dry in time for the next test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.