Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Is it not advisable to have a diving board on a 16x38 7' deep fiberglass pool?? I really want one, but the PB I think I'm going to go with does not have a FG any deeper than that and doesn't do a board with them.
Thanks,

Our bylaws for a diving pool are 8'. I went for a diving board but wish I did a slide.
If kids are using the pool a lot , I think a slide would be more fun. I could'nt believe the price of a diving board.

I'm pretty sure that the recommended guidelines for a diving board are that the pool be at least 8 feet deep. There is also a spec for how far out from the end of the board that the depth must remain 8 feet. The guy we bought our house from said that he had found the guidelines and then went an extra foot down and an extra 4 feet out, just to be extra safe. The downside is that our pool doesn't have much of a shallow end. :(

Thanks for the info. Might just put in a jump rock. Dang, I really wanted that diving board, but not enough to go with another PB or do a liner pool. At least I don't think so :?

ANSI/NSPI-5 1995 guidelines do allow for diving depths of as little as 7' 6" for Type I & II pools but the envelope of the pool must meet other guidelines as shown here. However, you would then need to find a board which meets the specifications for that type of pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.