Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Depth and diving board.

1. Back To Top    #1

Depth and diving board.

Is it not advisable to have a diving board on a 16x38 7' deep fiberglass pool?? I really want one, but the PB I think I'm going to go with does not have a FG any deeper than that and doesn't do a board with them.
    Thanks,
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Depth and diving board.

Our bylaws for a diving pool are 8'. I went for a diving board but wish I did a slide.
    If kids are using the pool a lot , I think a slide would be more fun. I could'nt believe the price of a diving board.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

3. Back To Top    #3

No kids for a slide. I was considering putting the board in after the pool was done, if that's doable. Might not be too wise though.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm pretty sure that the recommended guidelines for a diving board are that the pool be at least 8 feet deep. There is also a spec for how far out from the end of the board that the depth must remain 8 feet. The guy we bought our house from said that he had found the guidelines and then went an extra foot down and an extra 4 feet out, just to be extra safe. The downside is that our pool doesn't have much of a shallow end.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info. Might just put in a jump rock. Dang, I really wanted that diving board, but not enough to go with another PB or do a liner pool. At least I don't think so
    Lynn

6. Back To Top    #6

If your the only person using the pool most of the time, you could do shallow dives.
    If your having people over take the board off.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

7. Back To Top    #7

ANSI/NSPI-5 1995 guidelines do allow for diving depths of as little as 7' 6" for Type I & II pools but the envelope of the pool must meet other guidelines as shown here. However, you would then need to find a board which meets the specifications for that type of pool.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow Mark!! Now that's what I call an answer to a question

Thanks
    Lynn