Jul 27, 2015
Green Country, OK
I have acquired a 33' x 54" pool. Been prepping the pad all Spring and bought the new liner. In the process of adjusting the liner and filling it up. See my post about "liner issues?". I am most certain I will be visiting the forums often as I really don't know much about pools and such...I hope to gain and someday give advise to those in need.

Thanks YippeeSkippy! I've read the Pool School. Test kit I do not have yet, but will once I get the pump attached and going. Main concern is the liner right now. Oh and the ladder. For some reason it is way too short inside and outside the pool. Got it sitting on sand bags now. :confused:

Welcome to TFP!

You will need one of the Recommended Test Kits to properly manage your pool. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you should have it in your hands in 2-3 days with normal shipping. If you want to really do the right thing, I would order one of these test kits tonight. Do not rely on pool store testing - it is notably inaccurate and they will use those results to sell you all sorts of chemicals you do not need that will cost you way more than this test kit.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
2. Chlorine CYA Chart
3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
4. Recommended Levels
5. Pool Math

ok so the water level is almost up to par now. Found a small pencil size hole on the bottom of the liner, glad I found it with only a foot and a half of water. Patched up. Appears to be working. TF-100 is in route, should be here Wed. as well as the new ladder. Filter and pump installed...Deck build currently going up!

Congrats on the install! Please post more pics!