IntelliFlo VS Pump Shutting Down Without Warning

tucsontico

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I have a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump that just started to shut down after just a few minutes of run time. All was good until sometime yesterday when the pump decided to cycle off and on by itself. (Please note my signature block below for all the associated equipment.) The pump comes on "normally" runs for about 1 minute then shuts down. The "Filter" led stays lit on the EasyTouch control panel but the pump is not running. The, lo and behold, after a few minutes it restarts and appears to run normally. Very weird!

I've cycled the power to not only the pump but to the EasyTouch control panel, checked all the connections and wires, but nothing obviously wrong. I checked the EasyTouch panel more closely. I selected the "Settings" page, then accessed the "IntelliFlo" page, then the "Pump Status" page. The "Pump Status" shows RPM, Wattage and Comm. Under the Comm section it shows "No Comm!". Any suggestions? :confused:

I am not the person to be answering but someone should be able to help you.

Thanks for the input. Finally got hold of Pentair. They sent out a local tech rep 3 days ago. He pulled all the panels off the electrical equipment and discovered the printed circuit board (PCB) for the IntellipH had "fried" itself. From what I could see on the PCB, it looks like a diode near the power input connector somehow shorted out and melted. That evidently led to a bunch of extraneous signals being generated throughout my entire Pentair comm system. Once the IntellipH controller was removed from the system, the pump began working correctly. However, my IntellipH is down awaiting parts. Back to manually adding MA! :thumbdown:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.