Pool coping paint worn off

Sep 29, 2014
Wayne,NJ
I need to paint the pool coping,the paint that was their wore off in the last 25 years. It is a Champion Pool 16x32 inground. I have a Krause & Becker paint spray system I'm going to use,but not sure on what type of paint to buy? Also, the best way to spray the paint without getting into pool water? (lower water level and mask off ?)Any help I can get will be well received!

16x32 inground pool,18,500 gal.Vinyl Liner, Hayward Sand Filter,& 1,1/2 hp,Hayward Super Pump & Auto Clorinator Pumping System

Welcome to TFP!

As for how to avoid getting paint in the water, you could put a tarp over the water or have a helper guide a section of cardboard over the water and against the pool edge in the area you are painting. You won't be able to keep the paint 100% out of the water, but these suggestions will help minimize it.

Let us know how it turns out, I am thinking of repainting / replacing mine next time the liner is changed which will probably be in the next year as the current one was installed around 12 years ago.