Deep end wall dents

May 28, 2009
south jersey
Just noticed this week my inground pool deep end is getting craters like the ground is washing away behind it . I have no water loss dont see or feel any leaks when I checked it the out.
Starting to worry as I am going away in a couple of weeks and do not want to come home and find my pool destroyed
My pool is 9 years old dont know what to do

Is it the wall or the bottom? or is it the sloped sides?

How high is your water table?

If you don't know call your local government and find out -- City or County engineer -- it may take a few phone calls. If your water table is close to the ground -- you may need some wells with sump pumps to keep water from destroying your walls.

They are hard to make out in the picture but I have some in my pool that have been there since I moved in 2 years ago. The pool was built close to 20 years ago and they've just always been there. They're very hard to get a good picture of if they're anything like mine. One is about 1 foot in diameter, kind of oval shaped, maybe 2-3" deep in the center. Another one is more like 2 feet in diameter and close to 6 inches in depth in the center. For me, they're problem areas for dirt to collect in the bottom between brushings/cleanings but they have not gotten worse that I can tell so far.

Have they always been there and now your just can see them because your water is so clear or are you sure they are new?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.