Cloudy Water(Milky)

kaly1

Jul 5, 2015
ca
Hello Everyone, My name is Nata,
Past a month my pool turned cloudy(used shock from pool store).When shocking after few hours white sand is settling at the bottom of the pool where the pool will turn clear after two days but at bottom white sand dust settles.So changed using Liquid chlorine past a month and got the TF-100 test KIT and readings are

FC - 3.5
CC - 0.5
TA - 110
pH - 7.8
CYA - 75

Please help to clear my cloudy pool.Attached picture of my pool.20150726_185745.jpg

Thanks,
Nata

If you have dead algae on the bottom of the pool you need to vacuum it out to waste or filter it with backwashing as needed. Your FC is too low for your CYA level. That lets algae run rampant. Please read the CYA/Chlorine chart in Pool School reference section to show you how much FC you should keep in the pool as well as how much to use during a SLAM procedure to clear your water up.

If you used CalHypo to "shock" the pool, it can make the water cloudy.

No dead Algae at bottom of the pool and I have pool robot to clean the surface.Whenever its cleaning,picking lot of white sand from shock.I stopped using pool shock "Fresh n Clear" a month ago and using only liquid chlorine.I will bring FC according to chart but white sand at bottom or when pool robot cleaning lies white dust is coming.Please help me to remove the white sand dust.

Welcome

Because you have the TF-100 you have read a fair amount before posting .... way to go.

Is the white sand truly sand (gritty) or is it powder like? Your CYA is high (for a non SWG pool) I realize you are in CA so water is a premium but if it was possible to drain 1/2 and refill your slam would be easier to manage your slam (at a lower CYA level). As it is now you will require a lot of chlorine to maintain slam level of FC.

If you could add your pool specifics in your signature it would be helpful to others for more advice.

Sand is powder.My pool size is 15000 Gallons and due to hot summer, already water is evaporated more than 1/4.Since I am in CA, cant drain water coz too expensive to refill with water.I will try to increase my FC.Also my CH is 650.Can I use liquid chlorine to increase my FC? or what you suggest?Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.