Starting the Bid Process

WyattEarp

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2015
Mandeville, LA
Been lurking here for a while and have been reading reading reading in order to broaden my knowledge. I've read Pool School in its entirity multiple times and search and browse threads.

Have decided to put in a gunnite pool and after looking through thousands of photos and being in multiple friends pools I put together a design we like and am now 'interviewing' builders and getting bids. Goal is to start digging over the winter either late October or possibly early January.

Pool design is geometric. Main part of pool will be 36ft long by 14 ft at widest section narrowing to 10 ft on the ends. Large 16 x 8 'cove' with step/seating area and large tanning ledge. Will have bench seating all along the house side of the pool as well. Playpool style with 3.5-5-4 depth. Total pool area is going to be about 585 sq ft with about 600 sq ft of travertine deck. Will have two bubblers on the tanning ledge and 4 deck jets. I have attached a rendering I have however the back wall and sheer waterfall are being eliminated. Will instead just have coping along the back side.

So after all of that my question is about pumps. I have asked for a variable speed pump and will also have a booster pump for the Polaris. Some builders are telling me I need an additional pump for the bubblers and deck jets but some are saying no. I prefer to have a simpler system with fewer pumps to have to maintain, repair and initially pay for but I also want to build 'correctly'. Seems to me a variable speed pump could easily handle the simple water features by programming different speeds for simple circulation, deck jets, bubblers or combination of the three. Isn't this one of the advantages of having a variable speed pump?

Any and all opinions and recommendations are appreciated.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.