LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2008
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My pool is up to 60 degrees, but I know it will fall after today because our weather is going to chilly again. Here are my readings:

FC 0
CC 0
pH 7.2
TA 50
CYA - not sure because I am out of test chem (it has been ordered)
Salt 2710

Water is bright and clear.

I am not going to turn my SWG on. I just want to add bleach, but I was wondering, what should level should I raise my FC?

Thank you, Nancy

If your pool has a solid cover on it, just a little chlorine will be plenty. Add 1 or 2 ppm of chlorine and you should be fine.

If your pool is open to the sunlight, and your CYA level was 50 or lower the last time it was measured, I would add 5 ppm of chlorine in the evening. Higher previous CYA levels will need more chlorine.

What about the pH? Is 7.2 too low? Will the bleach raise it?

My pool is in the wide open sun all day! We did not cover it for winter. We have been keeping the leaves out and draining when neccessary. The CYA was 50 at the end of the swim season and the salt was about 3000, so I am sure I have some CYA. I should have ordered my test chem sooner! My husband is on pool duty right now taking out some leaves and I am going to add bleach. The pump is also running to help with small bits of debris. The SWG is off. No need to run it until later.

Thanks for the help!
Nancy

Because you have a vinyl liner, your PH is acceptable for now. Long term you will want to raise both the PH and TA levels, but there is no hurry on that at all.

Adding bleach won't have any significant long term effect on the PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.