well its not a good idea to leave the pool too long with low ph and alkalinity. When did you add the acid? had is been atleast 12-24 hrs? Ive noticed with SWG'S the ph and alkalinity usually run high.. it may come up on its own but i dont know how long that will take, or even come up enough to be in "ok" ranges.. depending on your pool size and the levels they are at now, i would test the water figure out how much baking soda to add, and only add 3/4 of it... let filter run and recheck in 12 hours or so. If levels are still low add the remaining 1/4 of what was called for.. :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP!

If you lowered the PH below 7.0, you should raise the PH to at least 7.0 right away. If the PH is currently 7.2 or higher, then leave it alone and it should come up on it's own. In between 7.0 and 7.2 could go either way, do something now or just wait.

You may also need to raise the TA level, but there is no particular rush on that. The TA level will come up a little as the PH comes up, but only a little.

TA at 25 is definitely too low. You want to bring that up to between 60 and 80. That will also raise the PH a little.

It would help if you could put the basic specs of your pool into your signature (size, kind of surface, etc) and it would also be good to post a complete set of water test results.

Welcome to the forum! :-D

Ph of 7.0 is no big deal but the TA of 25 indicates they tested your sample with test strips.....which may or may not be valid.

I would suggest another sample at another store to confirm their results if you have no way of testing it yourself.

Thanks for posting the additional information!

You should to think about getting a really good test kit. A top quality test kit will give you more accurate results than most pool stores and save you money on chemicals in the long run. I suggest a kit from TF Test Kits, see the link in my signature. The Taylor K-2006 is also a good kit.

Because you have pebbletec, you should raise your TA level to at least 70 fairly soon. The combination of low PH and low TA could cause damage to the plaster between the pebbles over several days. It would also help the SWG significantly if your raise your CYA level to between 70 and 80. Because there is some possibility that the pool store results are not precise you might want to put off the full increase in CYA level. CYA is easy to raise but difficult to lower, so you don't want to add too much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.