Vacuum for Intex pool 1.5" hoses

Jul 26, 2015
Indiana
Hello!
we recently put up an Intex 18 ft by 48 in pool. This has the Krystal Clear pump shown here

Intex 1500 Gph Pool Filter Pump + 12 Type A Filters

We are looking for a vacuum but all vacuums we've found are either the venturi style which we don't want/ can't use bc we don't want to pump out well water into the pool we paid $300 to have filled.

All pump vacuum attach into skimmer styled pumps but we don't have those. We have two 1.5" hoses going to the inlet of the pump, and one 1.5" hose going out of the pump back to the pool.

The only 1.5" hoses for vacuums that I can find are generic ones and I don't know how I would connect those to the pump or the other inlet hose. I'm sure someone else out there has this same pool/pump. How can I get a vacuum set up for it? Thank you !

Hi I'M having the same problem. I just purchased a generic suction vacuum that said it was compatible with above ground pools which it doesn't seem to be. I also have the two 1.5" intake lines which also have a built in strainer that prevents attaching an adaptor. When I tried to attach the vacuum (by just holding it in place) to one of the intake lines there was no pressure because of the second line. I tried to cover the second line and it worked great but the pump wasn't getting enough water. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but hopefully someone does.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.