Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using last year's test chemicals.

1. Back To Top    #1

Using last year's test chemicals.

I hope everyone has had a nice winter! We had 6 inches of snow last weekend, and 70-80s this weekend! My water temp went from 50 degrees to 60 degrees, but we are getting a cool down tomorrow so I know that will fall like a rock!

Anyway, can I use the chemicals I have left from last season or do I need to replace them with fresh ones? I have a small amount of R-0009, R-0871 and R-0870. I have half a bottle of R-0003, R-0007 and R-0008.

I am getting ready to place an order R-0013 and if I need to replace the rest, I can do it now.

Thank you, Nancy
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using last year's test chemicals.

Taylor says the test reagents are good for one year. However, many of us have found that they are actually good for at least two years, or longer, if they are stored in a cool (not cold) dark place.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your quick response JasonLion. They are less than a year old so I am good to go!

Nancy
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by triplets&quads
    I am getting ready to place an order R-0013 and if I need to replace the rest, I can do it now.
    While you're at it ask if calibrated, standardized solutions of pH, CH, ALK and CYA are available. Taylor makes them (R-7062, R-7063, R-7064 and R-7065), and I think it would be a good idea if duraleigh could make them available in smaller quantities to "test" your reagents and your testing methods.