New pressure gauge issue - installer issue

TonyMoc12549

Gold Supporter
Jun 15, 2015
Montgomery, NY
Need suggestions please.
I was taking apart 60sf DE filter and cleaning today...trying to finish a slam and trying to figure out why I am still losing FC. So I figured I'd backwash the filter and then take it apart to clean and remove any dead stuff that was in there that the backwash didn't get rid of...which was a lot. I hosed off all the grids really well - but didn't do the Strip Kwik cleaner like I do at season's end; Anyway, put the filter back together and thought it would be a good time to quickly change the pressure gauge since I bought one of the nice ones from TFTestkits. It turned into a little bit of a project as the original gauge's plastic housing was meant to hold only the original one, but i cut that away and installed the new one. All good except here's the problem...I tightened it just a bit too much...ugh...:brickwall: which has caused a minor crack and leak to come from the underside of the mount. When I turned the gauge back 1 revolution the stream stopped and now it is just a small, but steady drip leak from the underside.

I hope I'm not the first person to do this, so can anyone suggest an adhesive, epoxy, other that I can fill this tiny crack with? The gauge appears to be working fine;

BTW, is the oil supposed to fill the entire front panel or does it not matter?

Thanks all for the help...I hope there is an answer out there.

Tony

The oil does not have to fill the entire gauge.
I would try putting a hose clamp around the plastic to hold it shut before trying any glue/adhesive. I did this on my RV water tank drain which is cracked horribly and would be very difficult to repair. The hose clamp has kept it leak free for a few years now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.