Pisces Pool Build - FINISHED & PICS

Pisces

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
League City, Texas
Finished enough for pics, anyway. Still going thru the last of the punch list...brass drain covers on order, etc. But...WE ARE DONE!! I feel like I should get some pool maternity leave now :roll: . We haven't gotten in to swim yet, but the june bugs are LOVIN' IT! :mrgreen: It's awesome. Even better than the picture I had in my head, and in the end, I'm so glad I went for the glass tile. We've started lanscaping, but have a long way to go. Working on the fire bowls for the columns. I still can't believe this is my back yard. Total transformation. My PB did a very good job, especially with the materials I chose.

PebbleSheen was done Feb. 20 and acid washed the 21st...filled the pool (a mighty 7000 gallons total - teeny tiny pool), and did Pool School on Monday 23rd. The TF-100 Test Kit has been one of the BEST things I've done so far...if you don't have one, consider getting one. Thanks for looking, everyone!

We'll be bricking the really attractive wooden column soon:

P3101490.jpg

P3101489.jpg

P3101491.jpg

P3101495.jpg

P3091474.jpg

P3091465.jpg

P3091482.jpg

PebbleSheen "Aqua Blue"

P2211410.jpg

Glass tile in the sunlight, travertine coping

P3091449.jpg

That is one fabulous pool!.....and, it looks plenty big from here! :lol:

Can't wait to see those fire bowls fired up! :mrgreen:

Pisces, when you get the bowls 'loaded', please remember to give us some nite shots!

Enjoy! :sun:

Thank you guys! Butterfly, I'll definitely do fire bowl pics both daytime and night just for you! We're working on them...the guts are sooo $$$$ even for DIY'ers...ugh.

Stever...thank you so much...and I LOVE that awesome pool of YOURS! I followed your build and design, the whole way and got some great ideas. Can't beat TPF!

LOL, mpride...I think I'll just get a small sheep to nibble at the small patch behind the garage that will be left when I'm done :mrgreen: .

The first thing I notice in your picture, of all things, was the fence. My first thought was this person lives in Houston. I then notice you live in League City. I was born in Texas City/La Marque. The pool is absolutely georgeous!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Mermaid Queen, thank you!! CastleRock Pools does a really great vanishing edge "Ultimate Spa" with 16 jets, and indivudual bench heights custom measured to members of the family. Cool. 8) Cisco Velasco and all the awesome tile installers at Pool Services Unlimited worked SO hard on this thing...to do the glass tile, natural stone and travertine right (Cisco found the perfect travertine coping for me - yay for Cisco!! :goodjob: ), and to make that spillover...well....spill over just right. They were always out there with levels, etc. Exacting work. The sound of the water splashing all the time makes me a happy girl.

Heckpools (I LOVE that name!!), thank you so much...we love the look of it...puts me in an instant good mood when I step out the back door...ahhhhh....come on summer.

roger...oh yeah...the ubiquitous Houston suburban wooden fence. *sigh* What I wouldn't give for a lovely brick wall instead. But you NAILED it..lol! As only a native son could. They turned a cow pasture into our subdivision...natch!! Should be able to grow good stuff from the "fertilizer" though. lol. Hey, we're good people down here in LC/La M!! We've straighted the fence up and added new boards since Hurricane Ike. Eeek. No more hurricanes, please!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, you!! Landmark...omg...just waiting to turn on the heater...maybe next week? Arrghhh....I know I have to wait a little while, but it's tough! I keep looking at the water temp...soon!! And I'll probably heat this puppy up...hey... how long was it that I had to wait? It'll be 3 weeks this weekend since they did the Pebblewhatever...should I just go for it? :-D OK...I'm calling and asking. It's a *special* weekend for me. I'm going backward in age again. 8) Sheesh. Hope you get every little thing worked out on that beautiful pool of yours....we'll be enjoying them with our *Margarita Machines* soon! :goodjob:

Thank you Eggman - we're really happy....yep...we're both waiting for warm weather to enjoy the pools we built too late in the year to jump in...hard to wait, though. :roll: Maybe this is the last cold snap...brrrr....your landscaping turned out SO nice...Pearland Pools did a great job for you. :-D

Thank you, Landmark! Yup..it's backward day...had some crawfish 'n beer at Floyd's to celebrate. :goodjob: It's just too rainy and yuck this weekend to try the spa, so I'll probably fire it up next weekend. I'm trying to remember (but can't just now..wonder why) what the Pebble Tech people said about how long before heating it up..maybe only 2 weeks, but I'd have to look it up.

OK...is yours leaking from outside the spa? I think I remember you saying the ground would be wet? What a hassle. We had a check valve between the spa and pool that had to be replaced because the spa water would drain into the pool. So far that's been the one thing we had to do. Wow...I do hope they figure it out for you...that's frustrating. :hammer: We still have punch list stuff to finish. It's draaaaaaging on, but at least we could use the pool and spa if the weather would cooperate. Come on spring....and warm weather. Yes!!

PHXAZ..thank you! I love it, too...the sound of the water, and the look of the glass tile..it was worth the extra hassle and expense. I would have regretted it later if I hadn't done things this way.

Jason...thank you so much (and for also working SO hard on TFP)...I was going to write you to add any pic to the slide show...I'll go check it out! It's been a busy busy week.

Pisces! I should have responded in this thread earlier... I just have to say how good your finished project look in my eyes.
The outcome is just glorious with that beautyful tile. You have really done a terrific job with planning your backyard, the size of the pool fits so perfectly, coulden't be done better. Looks a lot bigger than it's 7000 gallons if you ask me. It must be a great feeling just sitting there and waiting for the summer to come, right.... I can see the poolpartys take place there in your backyard with those fires bowls burning.
And Pisces your water looks fabulous, Great pick on the plaster :goodjob:

All the best to you and your family
Mats

Thank you, Mats!! It does feel like a little slice of heaven when I step outside now...I'm gonna have to talk to the weatherman about this 45 degree rainy weather we've had since Thursday, though. :rant: Kidding...it'll be hotter than heck down here before long. We really tried to use every bit of space we could with all the yard size and easment constraints, and it doesn't really seem too small to me, either...now if we had kids, that would be a different story. I really like the color of the pool interior..the water is a nice blue color. I've been water testing and balancing constantly, and my kit plus the Pool Calculator and other info on here makes it so much easier.

Whew...I got really lucky on all the materials and how it came together. I'm having fun coming up with landscaping plans, and bought 3 more palms today (hooray for plant sales). Now..we're all looking forward to seeing more of your pool build...it's gonna be so awesome when you're done! :goodjob: Wishing you continued success on your build. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.