how do I light the pilot light on my Laars Lite Teledyne LLG model 175 Pool Boiler?

Jul 25, 2015
Kent
I have a Laars Lite Teledyne LLG heater – it’s about 18 years old – model number 175

The pilot has gone out and I can’t remember how to relight it!

Just left of centre there are two rectangular/square cross section knobs. The one on the left is white with a sort of crescent with a bulge moulded into the top of the knob. To the white knob’s right there is a red knob with a circle shape moulded into the top.

On the right side of the boiler is a narrow cylindrical knob which points out horizontally

I am pretty sure that lighting the pilot is something to do with these three knobs

How do I light the pilot?
Can you also tell me where the pilot itself is – I remember that is quite inaccessible.

Regards
Matt Stainer

The pilot assy is located on the burner farthest on the right. If memory is good, the valve button is set to pilot and the red button is either pressed to pump gas to the pilot or you press the red button to allow you to set the knob to pilot. Some of the earlier heaters had a sparked to ignite the pilot. You might need to use a match. Make sense?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.