SMWill42

SMWill42

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2008
Carrollton, GA
I joined the forum June 8, 2008 when I was trying to get help with my baquacil chemicals and then in September with the help of this forum I converted to the BBB method. I am glad I did. It will help my pocketbook. I read the post frequently. They are very imformative. The only help I get from my husband with the pool is an ocassional vacuuming. He could do without the pool,(he swam a total of 3 times last year). I grew up around water and have always loved it. He can take it or leave it because he only swam ocassionally at a creek or friends house. The only reason he resigned to getting a pool was because of the grandkids. He does like to go to the lake and waterski or ride in the boat. The kids, grandkids and my siblings, their kids and grandkids certainly make good use of the pool. They have an open invitation to come anytime they want.
I have been trying to add an avatar ever since I joined but I cannot get it to upload either from my computer or from the photos I have on the internet. I do have photos on photobucket which I have seen others use to send pictures but I cant.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Welcome! I hope you have as much luck here as I've had.

Concerning your avatar, you've probably already done all this, but here's what I did in case it helps.

Go to "Home" at the top of the page when you first login. Then click on the space to the upper right where your avatar would normally be. Then look to the menu on the left side and click on "Profile". Then click on the "Edit Avatar" link, which is about halfway down.

You'll then get the option to "Upload from your machine".

But maybe you already got this far. If so, I had problems at this point because my image file was too large. I got it work by reducing the file size in PhotoShop.

Hope that helps, but if not, welcome again.

Cheers, Gary

No, I don't know them. I met Hugh McGraw a couple times when he was evangelizing in the late 70s-early 80s. Never been to a Georgia singing, although I did go to the National once in Birmingham, and I know Warren Steel slightly (he's at Ole Miss). It was a long shot, thanks for answering.
--paulr