Leaky Pump

May 26, 2015
Northeast,Alabama
My slide pump has been leaking since we bought the house last year. Last year it dripped pretty good but I didn't want to mess with it. I was worried about learning how to take care of the pool first. This year when I turned it on, it wouldn't even work. Had to take the back cover off and spin it to get it to start up. Signs of the water leaking. Plus the leak pours out pretty good. I haven't been running the slide because of this. Got caught up with all my projects and wanted to fix it. Just installed a new shaft seal and bolted everything back up. Not leaking as much now. Small dripping at the bottom of the band clamp. When I had everything apart, the diffuser and impeller had some wear where the impeller fits into the diffuser. Is this contributing to it still leaking? I don't know how it all works. Is everything sealed up and no water supposed to be outside the diffuser? Hopefully that's not too confusing.

No, I didn't replace the seal gasket. I will replace the seal gasket and o-rings. If I had to start replacing the impeller and diffuser, I was just going to get a new setup. The pump has worked ever since I started it in May. The slide setup is pretty old. That's why I didn't want to spend too much money on. Gasket and o-rings are not expensive and I will try that. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.