Solar Cover and Reel

cha2ga

Feb 18, 2009
Liberty, SC
Does anyone have ideas on the best way to use a solar cover with a 27' round AGP? I have seen one picture of the reels mounted to the top of 4x4 posts and it seemed to be a pretty good idea. What are some possible solutions? Pictures would be great. I have had a pool for many years and am replacing it next month. Now I'm trying to figure out the best options for a new reel and cover. Any suggestions on how to use it, what brand to buy (or stay away from), etc. will be much appreciated.
BTW this is a great forum. Wished I had found it years ago!
Philip

premiumhandlepic.gif
Check out the "Gallery" section at THIS LINKfor ideas.

thanks for the link, I looked around but am still having trouble visualizing how a center mounted reel works. Particularly, how easy it is suppossed to be. What do you do with it once it is rolled up? Can one person do it? Will I have to do it, or will my wife be able to handle it? Can my two daughters (14, 10) handle it together?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.